Friday, 19 May 2017

Holly Blue and a day printing...


It's not often I get to the park these day's, but one sunny day last week I managed a quick visit.

Having recorded in this park for over ten years now I know were to go to find insects to birds, they all have their place in the park.
I spotted my first Holly blue butterfly, great new tick for the park, as I looked back I think it's the first one I have ever seen too...



It was lovely to find the Great spotted-woodpecker in the same tree, feeding it's very noisy young. A new hole had been built. 

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

A Day Printing 

Back in March OH bought me a ticket to spend the day printing, last week I managed to go.



Bloomfield Square is a new  coffee shop in Otley, but Tony who first started out as a printer has a print shop in the back of the coffee shop, the building was a old coach house. With quirky rooms they have decorated the building beautifully. And the coffee and food is good too.




The print shop is in the back of the building, you can look through to the coffee shop and listen to the old records playing.


I had gone to make labels to put in my Junk Journals,
 ( new adventure using the most of my craft room)









I had a lovely day learning, about printing.

Way back you might remember I got my own craft room, lets say it gets used a lot !
my latest adventure is Junk Journaling.

A junk journal is a book made with mail and paper items found around one's household; it can hold ephemera that has special meaning to you such as notes, ticket stubs, magazine cutouts or newspaper clippings, etc.  You can buy kits or make your own, it's very big in America. 

I just love the process  of creating a book that someone can re-use.

My craft room is changing and now full of "Stuff"






I have even tried my had at making videos, 
 I have just about got over the shock of hearing my own voice.

If you are interested you can see them here.

15 comments:

  1. A super post Amanda with such atmospheric photos :) Lovely to see the Holly Blue and Great Spotted Woodpeckers in the park. The coffee shop looks wonderful - if I ever return to Yorkshire I will try and visit. I would imagine you had the most lovely time on the print workshop especially being able to make labels etc. for your gorgeous junk journals :) So envious of your craft room/study!!! :) Great to see you making such good use of it. As you know I just adore your junk journals!!:))))) Your videos on you-tube are really good and informative. I remember the shock of hearing my voice for the first time years ago on a cassette tape - I was horrified and couldn't believe my voice sounded so different to how I thought it sounded!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RR, for the lovely comment, glad you enjoyed looking round the print room.It would be a place to visit if you came back up this way, I could take you round all the book shops :))
      Amanda x

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos. The printing day sounds like it would have been interesting and useful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, it's such a lovely place run by nice people, if you are ever in the area you must go.
      Amanda x

      Delete
  3. Lots of beautiful photos. It looks like you are making the most of your craft room. I shall have to look up junk journals. I have never seen a Holly Blue butterfly. A very pretty name. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shazza, thanks for the lovely comment, I have a bad foot so long walks are out, good excuse to be in the craft room. Hope to get back into the park and see if the Holly blue is still about.
      Amanda x

      Delete
  4. The print room at the back of the coffee shop looks wonderful and I bet you had a great day there making your labels. Lovely to see the woodpecker and Holly Blue butterfly in your local park:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie, there is a upstairs as well, just as beautiful. There mix of old stuff is so nice, people coming find objects they remembered from there childhood.Hope to visit park more when the weather picks up.
      Amanda x

      Delete
  5. Lovely to catch up on what you've been up to. The woodpecker nest is fantastic- we'll find you for finding it. I've not been successful yet! Also the holly blue. I love the idea of printing and I enjoyed your video. It was nice to hear your voice after all these years of reading your words xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CT, the Wood p nest is right next to a large Ash tree were the kids build rope swings, it's been happy there for years now. I just have to lissen out for the chicks as they are so noisy. Holly blue was a good tick and thank you for watching the video.

      Delete
  6. The photos are fab, i've already taken note of the place in Otley! The journals looks fantastic, i've tried my hand at scrapbooking over the years, it's quite enjoyable! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam, hope you get to visit the coffee shop, thanks for the kind comment on my journals. I have had a lot of fun making them.
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  7. Great post, lovely to see your photographs.
    You really enjoyed your day printing.

    Yes the journals are huge in America ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, very sweet of you to leave a comment, glad you liked the photos..
      Amanda xx

      Delete
  8. Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot.orologi replica very good.

    ReplyDelete